My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Herbed Cashew "Cheese"

 
 
I'm not going to lie.  I love cheese, real cheese made from real milk from real cows!  But since I'm not suppose to eat dairy, I have been experimenting with nut "cheese."  This recipe is not only yummy, it's easy!
 
 
Ingredients
 
2 cups raw cashews
2 cloves garlic
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon *dried oregano
1 tablespoon *dried basil
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Water (filtered)
 
*My herbs were fresh and I dried them.
 
Directions
 
Soak cashews in water for 2 hours.  Drain.  Process in food processor.  Add remaining ingredients until the consistency is like ricotta cheese. 
 
Serve with crackers and fresh veggies.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment