My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Almond "Milk"

I liked cow's milk, but with the estrogen levels in it, I realized it had to go.  Since then, I have been on a quest to find a suitable substitute.  Almond "milk" is one of my substitutes, along with coconut "milk."  Be blessed and enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

1 cup of almonds
2 cups water
3 figs
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Water for soaking


Directions:

Soak the almonds in water overnight.  Drain the almonds and place into a blender, add 2 cups of water.  






Blend until creamy white.  Add the figs and vanilla extract.  Blend again until smooth.



Strain the "milk" through a jelly straining cloth or cheesecloth.


I enjoy almond "milk" on my granola and in various recipes that call for milk.


I reserve the almond solids, dehydrate them and store.  I add them to my bread dough.  Nothing wasted by Beautiful Grace  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment